Spring has sprung on the West Coast and it is time to tackle the garden.
I always know that it will be worth it in the end, but the idea of facing the Spring garden after the Winter is daunting. There are tarps, there are pots crammed in the greenhouse and there are things everywhere. It is the time of year to see what survived the Winter months and what is just not coming back. It is also time to clean up and take inventory of the garden accessories that make your garden unique. One of the best things about getting the garden ready again for Spring is putting those little details in place that make it the perfect Summer sanctuary that you know if can be. Here are a few of my favourites!
1. You are going to need a good rake to get in and clean up all of those leaves and debris. Best to get a good one! One Kings Lane makes a gorgeous one. 65″ Lawn Rake • $22
2. A beautiful wind chime adds a sound element to the garden and if done right has a very calming effect on the whole space. If it is visually beautiful a well it is a win win! Dot & Bo Rainbow Fish Chime • Dot & Bo • $89.99
3. There is simply no need for blisters or sore hand and so a good garden tool tote and tools makes the hard work a little easier. Hamptons Gardening Tote w/ Tools • $39
4. Do your bit for your plants and the environment as a whole by composting your kitchen scraps. This is a great lesson to teach the little ones! 31″ Composter, Gray • $338.18
5. If you have to be hauling soil around, grab one of these flexible buckets. They also double as drinks coolers when filled with ice water. 19″ Flexible Bucket, Sunflower • $19
6. Invite little friends into your garden with a variety of feeders and nesting boxes. Dot & Bo White Ceramic Bird Feeder • Dot & Bo • $19.99
7. Garden Gloves are a must, no questions asked. You might as well find a pair with a pattern that you love. That way you are less likely to leave them out in the rain for a month and wreck them (it happens). Striped Gardening Gloves, Green • $12
8. Don’t forget about the plants in pots or those who need something a little more gentle than the hose. A good watering can is a classic addition to any garden. Silver Watering Can , 7.5L • $59
9. Not everything needs to be practical! Sometimes a little quirky statue perfectly placed adds something different to your flower beds. 10″ Wild Mushroom, White Moss • $49
10. Don’t forget your planters! 30″ French Anduze Planter, Autumn Rose • $175
These are just a few ideas and so gather up your favourite things and get to work on making your garden perfect!